Welcome To The Bootis Connection :: Now Playing - Saigon - I Want It All

Google
Web Bootisconnex.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 06, 2006

:: M-1 - Confidential ::

The Bootis Connection

With two albums and two mixtapes under the belt, M-1 (one half of Dead Prez) branches off from partner Sticman for his first solo effort, Confidential. While Dead Prez is most known for their politically charged, militant PRO-black lyrics, M-1 takes a different approach; "I don’t want people to think about the usual Dead Prez...I don’t want to attract the same kind of attention that I’ve attracted in the past." Well, other than the monologues M-1 goes into at the end of 'Confidential' 'Comrades Call' and 'Too Smart' he lives up to what he says. All in all, M-1 makes a solid solo debut with Confidential and in the absence of the "I Hate Crackers" lyrics, this album has the potential to reach a new fanbase - plus we got K'Naan reppin Canada!!!!!




Confidential
Pass: shoppers

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!!
Big up on the M-1 post. I'm d/l as we speak. Although I gotta disagree with your assertion that dead.prez lyrics are "I hate crackers" I think they are more "I hate the system".

At any rate I saw an interview with M-1 where he said that this album was a more personal project. I guess he wanted to show listeners the man behind the revolutionary.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As he is password of the M1 disc?

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As he is password of the M1 disc?..plissssssssssssssssssssssss

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home